Website Feedback?
Home » City Government » Departments » Fire Rescue » Emergency Services Login
Bookmark and Share

Emergency Services Division

The Emergency Services division is the front line of the Nashua Fire Rescue, 6 engines and 3 ladder trucks are housed within 6 fire stations throughout the city.  Firefighters are all certified and full time professionals that carry additional certifications ranging from medical First Responders to Paramedic level, Hazmat Technicians, various Diver Certifications and countless other specialized certifications and college degrees.  Nashua Fire Rescue staffs a total of four groups of 40 members.  Each year as calls for services increase our members remain ready to respond.

  

Station 1 - Amherst Street Fire Station
                    15
Amherst Street


Station Captain: George Walker 


Station 1 is the oldest of the active stations built in 1893.  The station is dedicated to Lt David Sullivan who died in the line of duty on November 27, 1978.  The station houses Engine 1, Ladder 1, Forestry 1 and the CST Trailer.

 

Engine 1: 2014 Pierce Arrow XT [1250 gpm, 750 gal]

Ladder 1: 2012 Pierce Arrow [105' Rearmount Aerial]

Forestry 1: 1997 Ford E350, Donovan Body [150 gpm, 250 gal]

Station 2 - Lake Street Community Fire Station
                    177 Lake
 Street

Station Captain: Glen MacDonald
Haz Mat Captain: Gordon Wilson
Dive Team Captain: Steven Buxton


Station 2 was built in 1998.  The station houses Engine 2, Ladder 2, Special Ops 1, Special Ops 2, both Marine Units, the Dive Truck and the Decon Trailer.  Station 2 is a specialized station requiring a majority of the personnel to be Haz Mat Technician Certified.  Station 2 also houses the Fire Marshal's Office and the Training and Safety Division.

Engine 2: 2011 Pierce Arrow XT [1500 gpm, 750 gal]

Ladder 2: 2005 Pierce Arrow [105' Rearmount Aerial]

Special Ops 1: 2000 International Cab & Chassis, 
                        1981 Hackney  Body

Special Ops 2: 2003 International Cab & Chassis,
                        ACSI Command Body

Marine Unit: Marine 1 -  16' Pro Aluminum rescue boat, 40 hp engine
                    Marine 2 - 12' Achilles Rubber inflatable boat, 25 hp engine


Dive 1: 1990 Chevy Supreme box truck

Decon Trailer:  14 foot Haulmark Transport

Station 3 - Spitbrook Road Fire Station
                    124 Spit Brook Rd

Station Captain: Scott Carrigan

Station 3 was built in 1977.  Station 3 is dedicated to Private Marc Bechard who died while on duty March 16, 1987.  The station houses Engine 3, Tower 1.  Station 3 is located in the southern end of Nashua and serves a busy commercial and residential area including the Pheasant Lane Mall.

Engine 3: 2009 Pierce Arrow XT [1250 gpm, 750 gal]

Tower 1: 1998 Pierce Lance [100' Rearmount Tower Aerial, 1500 gpm, 200 gal]

 

 

 

 

 
Station 4 - Crown Hill Fire Station
                    70 East Hollis Street

Station Captain: Robert Barrows

Station 4 was built in 2006 .  The station houses Engine 4, and Deputy Chief.  The station officially opened in observance of the events of September 11.  Station 4 was previously located on Arlington Street in the heart of an area known as Crown Hill.  The orginal station was built in response to a massive fire in 1930 that destroyed the neighborhood.  Fire Administration is located in the same building.  Nashua Fire Rescue's oldest truck Antique Engine 4 is also housed here.

Engine 4: 2004 Pierce Arrow XT [1250 gpm, 500 gal]

Antique Engine 4: 1947 Mack L Model [1000 gpm, 200 gal]

 

 

 

 

Station 5 - Airport Fire Station
                    101 Pine Hill Rd

Station Captain: Thomas Finnerty

Station 5 was built in 1961.  Located in the northern part of the city this station serves one of the busiest airports in the northeast due to the Daniel Webster College Aviation School.   

Engine 5: 2010 Pierce Arrow Xt [1250 gpm, 750 gal]

CFR1: 2008 Ford 550/C.E.T. [500 gal foam]

Reserve Engine 8: 1996 Pierce Arrow [1250 gpm, 705 gal]

 

 

 

 

Station 6 - Conant Road Fire Station
                    2 Conant Rd

Station Captain: James Kirk

Station 6 was built in 1971 as a fire station and the Administration offices.  Fire Administration moved to 177 Lake St in 1998 then to its current location at 70 East Hollis St in 2006.  The station is dedicated to Retired Chief Richard Navaroli for his service [1978 to 2001].  This station also houses the Mechanical division.    

Engine 6: 2008 Pierce Arrow XT [1250 gpm, 750 gal]

AIR1: 1999 International, 1989 Ranger Body 
         [built by Mechanical Division in 2004] 

Reserve Engine 7: 2001 Pierce Arrow [1500 gpm, 750 gal]

 

 

 

 

Copyright © 2014 City of Nashua, NH USA. All Rights Reserved