Nashua Local Emergency Planning Committee
Required by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) under the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA), Local Emergency Planning Committees (LEPCs) are charged to develop an emergency response plan, review the it annually, at the minimum, and provide information about chemicals and hazardous materials in the community to citizens. Plans are developed by LEPCs with stakeholder participation. Nashua’s LEPC meets monthly, and has members involved in all forms of city government and critical facilities & services.
- Understanding risks posed by chemicals.
- Managing those risks.
- Reducing those risks.
- Ensuring the broadest possible public representation in the decision-making process.
- Ensuring that an emergency response plan lays out potential local hazards, response capabilities and procedures to follow in an emergency. The planning process may identify opportunities for reducing risk.
Please follow the TIER 2 Instructions below to submit your Tier II report(s) to both the State of New Hampshire and the City of Nashua as required to meet SARA Title III, Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act reporting requirements.
New Hampshire Tier II Reporting Requirements
Companies are required to send Tier II Reports electronically. To do this, use the on-line Tier2 Submit program to create the Tier II Reports in the required format.
- Upload/Attach the following documents to the Tier II Report PRIOR to submitting to the State of New Hampshire.
- Use the “Certification Function” > “Site Plan Files” tab to attach all files that are applicable to your organization:
ii. Site Plans
iii. Emergency/Contingency Plans iv. One Plan/ Integrated Contingency Plan (ICP)
v. Facility Floor Plan Drawings
vii. Video Clips
3. Within the Tier2 Submit program, under the “File” option, select the “Create Submission Function” a.) This function will identify any errors in the Tier II Report prior to submission, and b.) Create the Tier II Report (export file) in the required electronic format
4. Please name your completed Tier II Report export file with your facility name (no spaces within the name), and the reporting year (for example: TheSmithCompany2014)
5. Send the Tier II Report export file to: NHTier2@dos.nh.gov
a.) This sends the report directly to the State of NH Tier2 Program Coordinator at the NH Homeland Security and Emergency Management office
Thank you for your cooperation and continued commitment to public safety and emergency management. NH Homeland Security and Emergency Management 33 Hazen Drive Concord, NH 03305 Contact: Sarah Osborne: (603) 271-2231 Email: NHTier2@dos.nh.gov
New Hampshire is requesting facilities to use Tier2 Submit and submit electronically. A new version of Tier2 Submit is created around November of each year. Download the latest version of Tier2 Submit Submit your Nashua, NH Tier II report and .t2s file to Tier2@nashuanh.gov. Please be advised that the City of Nashua no longer accepts hard copy submissions. All federally-mandated Tier II information will be accepted by electronic submission only. The Nashua Office of Emergency Management highly recommends that you keep your facility contact, emergency contact, transport routes, and chemical information update to date. This information provides community first responders with the information that they need to prepare emergency response plans. If you or your facility has any question in regards to submitting this report, please feel free to contact us at 603-589-3260, email@example.com, or Tier2@nashuanh.gov. You will receive a notice from both the State of NH and the City of Nashua when your Tier II report(s) have been received. Please keep a record of your submission and contact either Sarah Osborne, NH HSEM (NHTier2@dos.nh.gov) or Justin Kates (Tier2@nashuanh.gov) if you do not receive your approval notice within 90 days.
Submit Your Nashua, NH Tier II Report
Nashua LEPC Contacts
Justin Kates Director Office of Emergency Management City of Nashua, NH 229 Main Street, Nashua, NH 03060 Phone: 603-589-3260 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Karl Gerhard Deputy Chief Nashua Fire Rescue Souhegan Mutual Aid Response Team 70 East Hollis St, Nashua, NH 03060 Phone: 603-594-3651 Email: email@example.com Patty Crooker PHNS Coordinator Nashua Division of Public Health & Community Services City of Nashua, NH 18 Mulberry St, Nashua, NH 03060 Phone: 603-594-4560 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
New Hampshire SERC Contacts
Deborah Pendergast, Director
Division of Fire Standards and Training & EMS
New Hampshire Department of Safety
Division of Fire Standards & Training and Emergency Medical Services
33 Hazen Drive Concord, NH 03305
Mr. Les A. Cartier, EHS/Tier2 Submit, SERC Coordinator
Hazardous Materials Coordinator
Department of Safety
Office of State Fire Marshal
33 Hazen Drive Concord, NH 03305
11 Riverside Drive
Nashua, NH 03060
11 Riverside Drive Nashua NH 03060
P.O. Box 2019
Nashua, NH 03061
Phone: 603-589-3275Emergency: 911
Justin KatesDirector of Emergency ManagementPhone: 603-589-3275