A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | Y | Z
Gagnon Circle - The Gagnon family owned a considerable amount of property in the region, so Gagnon Circle was named in their honor.

Gail Road - Gail Road is located in yet another development of people’s first names. Gail Road is located near Peter Road, Nora Road, Jay Road, Curt Road, and Joey Road. It is very likely that Gail Road was named after a member of the family that owned the property or a member of the family of the developer.

Galway Road - Galway is a port city in the region of west - central Ireland, bordering on Galway Bay, an inlet of the Atlantic Ocean. The city of Galway (population, 37,835) was incorporated in the late 14th century and is today an important industrial and tourist center. Galway Road is near Kerry Lane and Raleigh Drive, other cities in Ireland.

Garden Street - Garden Street runs perpendicular to West Pearl Street and the railroad. On either side of Garden Street, there are large plots of land, which used to have fields of flowers and a few houses.

Garnet Lane - Garnet Lane is located is the jewel development and was named for a garnet, any of several common, widespread aluminum or calcium silicate minerals occurring in two internally isomorphic series, (Mg, Mn, Fe)3Al2Si3O12 and Ca3(Cr, Al, Fe)2Si3O12. They are generally crystallized, often embedded in igneous and metamorphic rocks, and colored red, brown, black, green, yellow, or white and used both as gemstones and as abrasives. Garnet Lane is located near Pearl Court, Emerald Drive, and Ruby Way.

Garrison Farm Road - A garrison farm is a farm converted into a military post for which Garrison Farm Road, a new road, was named. It is located next to Federal Street.

Gary Street - Gary Street is located next to Mark Street, Leann Street, Bonny Street, Brenda Street, and Keith Street. It is likely that Gary Street was named after a member of the family that owned the property or a member of the family of the developer.

George Street - George Street is located in a development with other “developer’s choice” names. Other streets nearby include Will Street, Simon Street, Joffre Street, Donna Street, Gaffney Street, Dale Street, and Edwards Street.

Gettysburg Drive - Named after a town of southern Pennsylvania east - southeast of Chambersburg, Gettysburg Drive is near other civil war streets. It was the site of a major Union victory in the Civil War (July 1 - 3, 1863), which checked Robert E. Lee's invasion of the North. The battle and Abraham Lincoln's famous Gettysburg Address (delivered at the dedication of a cemetery here on November 19, 1863) are commemorated by a national park. President Dwight D. Eisenhower's farm, a national historic site, is also in Gettysburg. Today, its population is 7,025.

Gilboa Lane - Gilboa Lane was named for Gilboa Hill, a piece of land referred to as “Mount Gilboa” by Blanchard, the owner who left the property to one of his 9 children after his death in 1694. Mount Gilboa is a Biblical name, referring to in 1 Samuel when “Saul gathered all of Israel together and the pitched in Gilboa”

Gillis Street - Gillis Street was named for Thomas Gillis, the third mayor of the Gate City in 1857.

Gilman Street - Virgil C. Gilman (1827 - 1903) contributed to the growth and improvement of the city and this street was named in his honor. He was not only a member of the group that started what is now the Nashua Corporation, but was also a director in banking and industrial enterprises. He aided in the development if the Plymouth Rock fowl, and started the first hatchery. He became the mayor in 1865, and served on both the Board of Education and the Library Board of Trustees.

Gilson Road - Located on Gilson Road, Gilson Cemetary is where the Gilson family is buried. Betty and John Gilson, John’s second wife Rebecca, Jurasha and Jason Gilson, Ruth Gilson and their three baby Gilsons, Joseph Gilson, and Walter Gilson were all buried in the cemetary.

Girouard Drive - Girouard Drive is located very close to French Hill and is named for a French family that probably lived in the area. The Girouard family came to North America in the 1700’s and some of the ancestors probably ended up in Nashua.

Glacier Drive - Glacier Drive’s name was chosen in relation to the glaciers that melted in New Hampshire and left behind many rocks that became some of the stonewalls still seen in the state. A glacier is a huge mass of ice slowly flowing over a land mass, formed from compacted snow in an area where snow accumulation exceeds melting and sublimation.

Glasgow Road - Glasgow Road is named for a city of southwest Scotland on the Clyde River. Founded in the late sixth century, Glasgow is a major port, an industrial center, and the largest city in Scotland. Glasgow Road is in the Scottish city development and runs from Aberdeen Lane (Aberdeen is a city of northeast Scotland on the North Sea at the mouth of the Dee River) to Edinburgh Drive (Edinburgh is the capital of Scotland, in the eastern part of the country on the Firth of Forth).

Glastonbury Drive - Glastonbury is located in the United Kingdom development and is a municipal borough of southwest England south - southwest of Bristol. There are remains of an Iron Age village nearby and it is also the traditional site of King Arthur's Isle of Avalon.

Glen Drive - A glen is a narrow or small, secluded valley and Glen Drive is located in the development with streets named for people and places of the Robin Hood legends and ballads. In one ballad, Robin Hood runs through the glen, suggesting a parallel between the street name and the legend.

Glencliff Way - Glencliff is a town in New Hampshire, and Glencliff Way is located near Stratham, which is also a town in New Hampshire.

Gleneagle Drive - Gleneagle is a region in the United Kingdom, famous for its history. Gleneagle Drive is located in the United Kingdom development, which includes Glastonbury Street.

Gloucester Lane - Located in a development with European city names, Gloucester Lane is named for Gloucester, a borough of southwest - central England on the Severn River west - northwest of London. Built on the site of the Roman city Glevum, it was the Saxon capital of Mercia and is today a market town and industrial center. The city's industries manufacture airplanes, boats, insulating material, and lumber. Gloucester's magnificent cathedral, built mostly in the 11th century (the 68.6 - m/225 - ft tower was completed c.1450), contains the tomb of Edward II. Other landmarks include the churches of Saint Mary - de - Lode, with its Norman tower, located on a Roman site, and Saint Mary - de - Crypt (12th century). There are church schools and inns dating from the 15th to the 17th century and a notable folk museum. The Britons established a settlement on the site, but the founding date is generally considered to be AD 97, when the Romans built Glevum where they bridged the Severn. As England became united, the city became a royal residence, and it was incorporated in 1483.Brittany Way(A historical region and former province of northwest France on a peninsula between the English Channel and the Bay of Biscay. It was settled c. 500 by Britons driven out of their homeland by the Anglo - Saxons. The region was formally incorporated into France in 1532) and Grimsby Lane A borough of eastern England near the mouth of the Humber River southeast of Hull. It is a major fishing port and has varied industries) are located next to Gloucester Lane.

Goldfinch Lane - Goldfinch Lane is located south of Green Heron Lane named for any of several small American finches of the genus Carduelis, especially C. tristis, of which the male has yellow plumage with a black forehead, wings, and tail.

Gordon Street - Gordon Street is located in the Civil War development, named for the story of General and Mrs. Gordon, well known in the North. Mrs. Gordon was the only woman known to follow her husband onto every battlefield of the war. After the Battle of Antietam she found him wounded and saved his life by getting him immediate medical attention. The story of the General and Mrs. Gordon was in books and magazines across the country.

Gosselin Road
- Gosselin Road seems to have been named for Arthur G. Gosselin by a family member or in his honor. Arthus G. Gosselin was a hardworking man who rose to prominence in his native Manchester, NH. He was born in 1897 of French descent and was in the Union Army during the Civil War, before becoming very successful in businesses.

Governors Lane - Located near Federal Hill Road, Governor’s Lane is a new road, named for the governor’s position in New Hampshire. A governor is defined as the chief executive of a state in the United States, or an official appointed to govern a colony or territory.

Grace Drive - Grace Drive is a loop off of Conant Road meaning seemingly effortless beauty or charm of movement, form, or proportion. Its shape may have inspired the developer to name it Grace Drive.

Grand Avenue - The name grand was utilized to express the meaning large and impressive in size, scope, or extent; magnificent. Grand Avenue is located South of the Nashua River and Mines Falls Park and its size inspired the developer to choose that name.

Granite Street - In Spring of 1825, flooding washed away a piece of the bank of a new canal. To repair it, granite slabs were transported from a recently found ledge to help shore up the bank. The granite needed to be transported by a railroad built to haul the loaded sledges. As a result, the railroad is located very close to Granite Street.

Grasmere Lane - Grasmere is a village right in the heart of Lake District National Park in Cumbria England near the honey pot towns of Ableside, Keswick, Hawkshead, Coniston, Bowness, and Windermere. Grasmere Lake lies to the south of the village, where there are gentler walks low to the ground as well as peaks including Scafell Pikes, Helvellyn, Skiddaw, and Langdale. Once the home of the famous poet William Wordworth, Grasmere is now the site of two of his former homes, Dove Cottage and Rydal Mount. In the center of Grasmere is Street Oswalds Church, the churchyard of which contains the Wordsworth family graves.

Gray’s Avenue - Earnest Gray, for whom Gray’s Avenue was named, joined Nashua Corporation in 1892. Gray wrote a memoir, and was the purchasing agent of the Nashua Corporation.

Greatstone Drive - Located in a development, Greatstone Drive was named for aesthetic purposes. Many towns in New England had rocky soil and many of the stones were used to create fences.

Greeley Street - This street was named for Joseph Thornton Greeley, the same man for whom Greeley Park is named. When Greeley died in 1881, he donated his farmland to the city of Nashua. This land, in addition to later donations - both land and monetary - helped to make Greeley Park what it is today.

Green Street - One of the more recent streets in Nashua history, it was named for aesthetic purposes, probably for the color green.

Greenfield Drive - After the American Revolution, residents of the Northwestern sector of Lyndeborough petitioned to become their own town. Their efforts proved successful, and shortly thereafter, they separated and became the town of Greenfield.

Greenock Lane - Greenock is a city located in England and is in a district of Nashua with the names of old English cities. The state and region even took their names from the old world - Hampshire (for which New Hampshire was named) is a county in England, and the regiong around New Hampshire is named New England.

Greenwood Drive - During the mid 1860s in Nashua, the Young Men’s Christian Association first began to take root. This organization was first recognized under the state legislature in 1891, with a man named Calvin Greenwood as one of the original members of the board of directors. Greenwood was a great community activist and was instrumental in forming the YMCA into an established and user - friendly organization.

Green Heron Lane - Green Heron Lane was located within the Sky Meadow Country Club, and was named for aesthetic reasons. A heron, which is part of the name is a member of the family Ardeidae, large wading birds including the bittern and the egret, found in most temperate regions but most numerous in tropical and subtropical areas. Unlike the remotely related cranes and ibises, which fly with their heads extended straight forward, herons fly with their necks folded back on their shoulders. Their plumage is soft and drooping and, especially at breeding time, there may be long, showy plumes on the head, breast, and back. Herons are usually solitary feeders, patiently stalking their prey (small fish and other aquatic animals) in streams and marshes and then stabbing them with their sharp, serrated bills. Most herons roost and nest in large colonies called heronries; others are gregarious only at breeding time; and some are entirely solitary. The nests vary from a sketchy platform of twigs high in a tree to a bulky mass of weeds and rushes built on the ground among the marsh reeds. American herons include the great and little blue herons, the green heron, the yellow - crowned and the black - crowned night herons (the latter known also as night quawk, because of its cry), and the Louisiana heron, called by Audubon “the lady of the waters.” The great white heron of Florida, a little larger (50 in./125 cm long) than the great blue, is a striking bird sometimes confused with the American egret. Other large white herons are common in Africa. The European night heron ranges to India and N Africa. The odd looking shoe - billed heron (or stork, a misnomer) is found along the White Nile and the boat - billed heron in tropical America. Herons are classified in the phylum Chordata, subphylum Vertebrata, class Aves, order Ciconiiformes, family Ardeidae.

Grimsby Lane - Grimsby, England is a seaport on the river Humber in the north of England, which has a population of 91,000. It is physically linked to the adjoining town of Cleethorpes, and 11,000 of its inhabitants live in the village of Scartho (which was absorbed into Grimsby before laws on the Green Belt were put in place). Historically in

Gregg Road - This road is named after New Hampshire Governor Hugh Gregg, who was elected into office in 1953. The Gregg family, although associated with politics, migrated to the Nashua to make use of its advantageous shipping facilities for their family lumber and millwork firm. Hugh Gregg worked for this firm during his life and was a dedicated public servant, WWII and Korean War veteran. Gregg died recently after a brief illness at the age of 85.

Grenada Circle - This road located in Westgate Village is named for the Western city Grenada, Mississippi. Developers chose to name streets in this area after Western United States cities in accordance to the name of the development.

Groton Road - Aptly named, this road turns onto Dunstable Road, which leads to Groton, Massachusetts.

Grove Street - “The Grove Hole” was a popular swimming area along the Nashua River in earlier years. This street’s close proximity to the river suggests a connection to this little piece of aquatic history. The name may also have originated from the surroundings, which includes Orange and Lemon streets.

Guilford Lane - Guilford Lane was named for the city of Guilford, a small English town with a rich history. It is located outside of London and is a small city with a small town feel. It boasts cobbled streets, ancient castles, historic cathedrals and excellent shopping.